South Tees Carers Forum Task Groups informed and influenced the development of the South Tees Carers Strategy 2021-26 between December 2020 and February 2021 and defined the contents of the Action Plan 2021-22 (agreed in March 2021 and revised quarterly). The majority of Task Group participants are also members of the Forum, but the Task Groups also engage experts, partners and stakeholders outside the Forum, linked to the five themes of the strategy.
The Strategy and Action Plan were approved by the South Tees Health and Wellbeing Board in April 2021 and adopted in May 2021 by Middlesbrough and Redcar & Cleveland Councils and the Tees Valley CCG. The reports or Minutes from the full Forum meetings can be found on the Forum page.
Task Groups taking forward the Action Plan (July 2021+)
The Task Groups continue to meet to progress the action plans on the five themes in the Strategy, listed below. Task Groups are open to any stakeholders or partner organisations to participate in, whether they are Forum members or not. Anyone wanting to participate should contact the relevant task group lead, listed below, to receive the meeting information.
All Task Groups review and take forward the Action Plan relating to their theme, but the full Action Plan is provided to each group for reference, as there are cross-cutting and interlinked activities and plans. A 1-page summary of the three priority actions under each theme is available here with the list of leads for each theme.
The notes of each task group are provided below and can be downloaded as a reference for those who participated and for new members of the groups to inform themselves of information, activities and proposals discussed under the theme and the sharing of expertise relating to these themes. The reference to the relevant Action Plan strands is provided, along with the date of the next meeting for each Task Group.
Task Group 1: Services and systems that work for Carers
- STCF Task Group 1 Notes and actions 5th July 2021
- Combined notes and actions from Task Group 1 (Dec-Jan)
- Refer to: South Tees Carers Strategy Action Plan Strand 1
- Date of next meeting: 10.00-12.00 19th October 2021 online (via Teams)
Task Group 2: Employment and financial well being
- STCF Task Group 2 Notes and actions 6th July 2021
- Combined notes and actions from Task Group 2 (Dec-Feb)
- Refer to: South Tees Carers Strategy Action Plan Strand 2
- Date of next meeting: Workshops will be organised to discuss three key actions (early 2022)
Task Group 3: Supporting Young Carers
- STCF Task Group 3 Notes and actions 7th July 2021
- Combined notes and actions from Task Group 3 (Dec-Jan)
- Refer to: South Tees Carers Strategy Action Plan Strand 3
- Date of next meeting: 10 -11.30 am 7 October 2021 via zoom
Task Group 4: Recognising and supporting Carers in the wider community and society
- STCF Task Group 4 Notes and Actions 14th July 2021
- Combined notes and actions from Task Group 4 (Dec-Feb)
- Refer to: South Tees Carers Strategy Action Plan Strand 4
- Date of next meeting: 1- 2:30 pm 13 October 2021 via Zoom
Task Group 5: Building research and evidence to improve outcomes for Carer
- STCF Task Group 5 Notes and Actions 13th July 2021
- Combined notes and actions from Task Group 5 (Dec-Jan)
- Refer to: South Tees Carers Strategy Action Plan Strand 5
- Date of next meeting: October tbc