Are you aged 15 to 25 with a caring responsibility? If so Next Steps Transitions Service, delivered in partnership The Junction and Carers Together are here to support you in your caring journey. Next Steps offers a range of support dependant on your circumstances to help you to manage your caring responsibilities.
Why is the service needed?
- Young Adult carers are four times more likely to drop out of college or university than their peers.
- Young Adult Carers are twice as likely to identify mental health problems than their peers (45%).
- Young Adult Carers are more than four times more likely to be NEET than their peers.
- Historical disengagement from services from 16 to early 20’s and low numbers in young people and adult support service (pre 2021).
But this does not need to be local young people’s reality with the right support.
How can Next Steps help?
The Next Steps service has been co-designed with local young carers from the logo to the service offer.
- A Transition Assessment has been designed and implemented which identifies reasonable adjustment that are required to support young adult carers through into new provision.
- A Young Adult Carers passport has been developed to prevent carers having to continually retell their story as they move through services with age.
- The team offer personalised support planning for young adult carers to transition into adult provision.
Phone: 01642 756000 or 01642 488977
Text/Whats App: General information-07767117556 Monday to Friday 9-5pm
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Holly.email@example.com
Website: www.thejunctionfoundation.com or www.carerstogether.co.uk
Social Media: Facebook/Instagram/TikTok/Twitter- Next Steps R C